Sunday, August 9, 2009

One More Yosemite Photo

Here's my favorite Yosemite shot. and I totally forgot to post it with the other Yosemite photos. You can tell this is early spring and the water is very swift in the river. I didn't want to get much closer because I don't think it would be too fun to slip and fall in that rapid water. If I had this on video you could hear how loud the rush of water is at that time of year. Even late in the spring there is still plenty of snow at the higher elevations and on my last trip there in June I saw snow in several spots along the road. In fact it had been a perfectly warm late spring day as I was driving out of the park when all of a sudden I was caught in a cold hail storm. I had just driven by people stopped along the road next to a meadow where deer were feeding. It was a beautiful sight and I felt like stopping too. But I'm sure those people got caught in the hail storm and had to rush back to their cars, so that part wouldn't have been too fun. I just kept driving until I got to San Francisco where I could pull out my lap top and start cruising the net. Always lots of prime meat available in SF. Maybe that's why it's my favorite American city. Pictures and stories of my last trip to SF in my next post.